DIgSILENT releases PowerFactory 2021
DIgSILENT announces the official release of PowerFactory 2021.
The new version is available on the DIgSILENT website, to registered users of companies with valid guarantee/maintenance, on the Download Area section for registered users.
We are pleased to introduce this new version of PowerFactory, which includes further developments to the user interface as well as new analysis functions and many new and enhanced network models.
The significant developments in PowerFactory 2021 include:
- Further enhancements to the user interface, including floating windows to allow ergonomic working across multiple screens
- A redesign of the plot functionality, offering new style and layout options, intuitive customisation of the plot view, and new features such as Multi-Curve Tracking
- A new Economic Analysis Tools module, incorporating the new Power Park Energy Analysis function
- A new Optimal Equipment Placement tool, for analysis and optimisation in the planning of distribution networks
- New tools such as the Variation Manager and the Operation Scenario Manager, simplifying the management and editing of network variations, expansion stages and operation scenario data
- Numerous enhancements in the Power Equipment Models, allowing for even more detailed and sophisticated studies
- Extensions to data converters, such as the support of CGMES 3.0 and new NEPLAN-import data file formats
We invite you to learn more about these functions and many other enhancements in the What’s New in PowerFactory 2021 document, available in our Download Area, or watch the What’s New in PowerFactory 2021 video on our YouTube channel.
The new and improved models and functions in PowerFactory 2021 continue the process of enhancement and development which ensures that PowerFactory remains the ideal tool for a wide range of network planning and operational studies, from small micro-grids to large transmission and distribution networks, including HVDC and renewable technologies.
We wish you continued success with DIgSILENT PowerFactory.
Support of previous versions:
DIgSILENT will actively continue to support the two previous versions PowerFactory 2020 and 2019. From now on, we officially discontinue support of the preceding version PowerFactory 2018 and will not provide any further service packs for this former version.