When generating units and consumers are to be integrated into the system, or the system is to be expanded on the basis of AC or HVDC systems, the applicable grid codes have to be complied with. Furthermore, it is important to analyse whether disturbances could be caused in the existing system in such a way as to necessitate a modification or adaptation of the respective grid code.
DIgSILENT has many years’ international experience in the realisation of system integration projects, characterised in particular by the wide variety of system characteristics to be considered, grid codes to be complied with, and generation and system technologies used.
In addition to the assessment of requests for grid connection as well as the development of compliant grid connection concepts, the services provided by DIgSILENT also include the preparation of the preliminary and the final conformity analysis according to FGW Guideline TR4/TR8, including the required model validation.
Consulting Services - Overview
- Objective assessment of the available grid connection capacity for generating plants
- Determination of the number of usage hours at maximum load
- Grid connection studies with reference to the grid code of the respective power system operator
- Determination and review of grid connection points according to the grid code
- 5. Design and dimensioning of internal topologies of renewable energy systems
- Configuration of optimal offshore solutions for platforms and grids
- Determination of requirements for generating units/plants; compliance studies according to FGW Guideline TR4/8
- Concepts for wind and PV park control
- Network stabilisation with renewable energies
- Communication with power system operators during the grid connection process
- Due diligence for all kinds of generating plants