Transmission Network Tools
This suite of tools aimed at transmission network operators and planners includes options for analysing the voltage stability and power transfer capabilities of the network. With this module, the Outage Planning module is also provided, offering the capability for modelling planned outages and associated system reconfigurations.
PV curves calculation
- Voltage stability assessment by determination of critical point of voltage instability
- Support contingency analysis, i.e. detection of “limiting contingency”1
QV curves calculation
- Voltage stability limit assessment by evaluating the bus voltage change w.r.t. variation of injected reactive power
- Evaluating of stable operating points for various system loading scenarios, including contingencies1
- Determination of reactive power compensation by superposition of capacitor characteristics in QV plots
Power Transfer Distribution Factors
- Analysis of the impact of a power exchange between two regions
- Various load and generation scaling options
Transfer Capacity Analysis
- Determination of maximum power transfer capacity between two regions
- Various load and generation scaling options for exporting and importing region
- Thermal, voltage and contingency1 constraints options
1Requires Contingency Analysis licence.
The Outage Planning module is part of the Transmission Network Tools. Details see in main chapter Outage Planning.