Power Factory offers Quasi Dynamic Simulation for the execution of medium to long term simulations. Multiple load flow calculations are carried out with user-defined time step sizes. The tool is particularly suitable for planning studies in which long term load and generation profiles are defined, and network development is modelled using variations and expansion stages.
- Medium- to long-term simulations based on steady-state analysis
- Time and Time-Profile characteristics for modelling of (recurrent) time series
- Consideration of planned outages, network Variations and expansion stages
- Simulation plots and tabular reports including statistical analysis
- QDSL-language for user-definable models (load flow and quasi-dynamic equations)
- Support of parallelised simulation on multiprocessor hardware