PowerFactory 2020 Preview
DIgSILENT has released a Preview version of PowerFactory 2020.
The preview version is available on the DIgSILENT website, to registered users of companies with valid guarantee/maintenance, on the Download Area for registered users. Please be aware that this preview version is for your interest and feedback only; the official release will be in February 2020.
We are pleased to introduce this preview version of PowerFactory, which as well as extra features and functions this year comes with a fresh modern look.
Besides a new application framework, PowerFactory 2020 will of course include developments in analysis functions and many new and enhanced network models.
The significant developments in PowerFactory 2020 include:
- A new application framework, offering users greater flexibility in customising the windows layout, by rearranging windows and toolbars and using split-screen working in the graphics window
- The Dynamic Network Reduction, which allows the user to reduce the size of a network to a minimum, while keeping the results of dynamic simulations as accurate as possible
- Fully updated Parameter Identification function
- Updated Protection Suite, supporting the new IEEE 1584-2018 standard for Arc Flash Hazard Analysis
- Enhancement to the Protection Coordination Assistant to allow users to create their own rules for zone-reach determination
- Implementation of the latest LV and MV connection standards VDE-AR-N 4105:2018 and VDE-AR-N 4110:2018, to support our users with increasing numbers of connection requests
- The Unit Commitment and Dispatch Optimisation module now also includes optimisation of hydro units, batteries and general storage models
- Various new and enhanced Power Equipment Models, among others
- frequency-dependent phase domain line model
- new single phase models for synchronous machine and three winding transformer
- PWM Converter model enhancements for EMT simulations
We invite you to learn more about these functions and many other enhancements in the "What’s New in PowerFactory 2020" document, available in our Download Area.
The new and improved models and functions in the PowerFactory 2020 Preview Version continue the process of enhancement and development which ensures that PowerFactory remains the ideal tool for a wide range of network planning and operational studies, from small micro-grids to large transmission and distribution networks, including HVDC and renewable technologies.
We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy PowerFactory 2020 Year!
Support of previous versions:
DIgSILENT will actively continue to support the two previous versions PowerFactory 2019 and 2018. From February 2020, we will officially discontinue support of the preceding version PowerFactory 2017 and will not provide any further service packs for this former version.