PowerFactory 2019 BETA
DIgSILENT has released a BETA version of PowerFactory 2019.
This new preview version is available to registered users of companies with valid guarantee/maintenance on the DIgSILENT. The installation files and the document "What's New in PowerFactory 2019" can be found in our Download Area section for registered user.
In the new annual version PowerFactory 2019, new major calculation functions have been developed: Unit Commitment for market simulations optimising generation scheduling and economic dispatch, a Co-simulation function for RMS and EMT simulations and a Hosting Capacity function for the analysis of distribution networks.
Importantly for both us and our users, a range of additional data security enhancements is delivered,
combining robust functionality with sufﬁcient ﬂexibility to enable users to meet their own data security
Many aspects of network data handling, graphical representations and network analysis have been
enhanced with new features and options. A number of new models have been developed, and existing
The significant developments for PowerFactory 2019 include among others:
- Load flow integrated Market Simulation with new “Unit Commitment” function (not yet available in beta version), covering time series based economic dispatch
- PowerFactory integrated RMS/EMT, EMT/EMT, and RMS/RMS co-simulation
- C37 protocol based third party EMT/RMS co-simulation interface
- New “Hosting Capacity” function, for the analysis of potential new generation and demand connections in distribution networks
- P-Q diagrams of distance starting units
- Simulation snapshot saving for subsequent analysis
- Introduction of a fast AC linearised Contingency Analysis method
- Additional graphical representations for sites and bays
- Improved Layers concept for diagrams
- User-Deﬁned Classes, extending the existing Data Extensions concept
- New combined instrument (current and voltage) transformer model
- New series surge arrester model
- Developments for the modelling of saturation and hysteresis curves
- HVDC model enhancements for reverse power ﬂow
- Support of single sign-on using Active Directory
- Improved options for user password management
- Idle session time-out feature, for data security and licence availability
- Audit log, aimed at the administrators of multi-user databases
- Support of Python 3.7
The new and improved models and functions in PowerFactory 2019 continue the process of enhancement and development which ensures that PowerFactory remains an ideal tool for a wide range of network planning and operational studies, from small micro-grids to large transmission and distribution networks, including HVDC and renewable technologies.