New Service Packs PowerFactory 2020, 2019 and 2018
DIgSILENT has released new service packs PowerFactory 2020 SP2, PowerFactory 2019 SP6 and PowerFactory 2018 SP8.
These new service packs come with a series of fixes and improvements. For details please refer to the corresponding Release Notes. The versions are available in the Download Area section for registered users, for companies with valid guarantee/maintenance.
PowerFactory 2020 comes with a new application framework, providing a new look and enhanced usability. It also offers developments in analysis functions and many new and enhanced network models.
If you are using PowerFactory 2020 for the first time, we invite you to learn more about all these developments in the What’s New document, also available in the Download area. Selected highlights are presented in our What's New video.
As usual, you will find all detailed information in the user manual and supporting technical documentation that is delivered with the software, together with updated examples and a revised PowerFactory tutorial package.
Major developments in PowerFactory 2020 are:
- A new application framework, offering users greater flexibility in customising the windows layout, by rearranging windows and toolbars and using split-screen working in the graphics window
- The Dynamic Network Reduction, which allows the user to reduce the size of a network to a minimum, while keeping the results of dynamic simulations as accurate as possible
- Fully updated Parameter Identification function
- Updated Protection Suite, supporting the new IEEE 1584-2018 standard for Arc Flash Hazard Analysis
- Enhancement to the Protection Coordination Assistant to allow users to create their own rules for zone-reach determination
- Implementation of the latest LV and MV connection standards VDE-AR-N 4105:2018 and VDE-AR-N 4110:2018, to support our users with increasing numbers of connection requests
- The Unit Commitment and Dispatch Optimisation module now also includes optimisation of hydro units, batteries and general storage models
- Various new and enhanced Power Equipment Models, among others
- frequency-dependent phase domain line model
- new single phase models for synchronous machine and three winding transformer
- PWM Converter model enhancements for EMT simulations
The new and improved models and functions in the PowerFactory 2020 version continue the process of enhancement and development which ensures that PowerFactory remains the ideal tool for a wide range of network planning and operational studies, from small micro-grids to large transmission and distribution networks, including HVDC and renewable technologies.