New Service Pack PowerFactory 2018 SP1
The new release PowerFactory 2018 includes major new developments in functionality, such as the introduction of Probabilistic Analysis, Remedial Action Schemes in Contingency Analysis, Data Extensions and new tools for Protection analysis.
PowerFactory 2018 also comes with new and improved interface functions including a PSS/Sincal data import converter and a Plant and Grid Performance Monitor to support real-time data streaming for RMS simulations.
There has been an emphasis on usability, in particular a restructuring of the Global Library and the introduction of versioning, enabling all models including protection device models to be included in the Library. The plots functionality has been redesigned, there are improvements to the data colouring methodology and a new graphic search option is available.
The significant developments for PowerFactory 2018 include among others:
- New module Probabilistic Analysis, incorporating very powerful capabilities for managing stochastic parameters based on distribution curves and their correlations
- New Distance Protection Reach Colouring in diagrams and a new Short-Circuit Sweep plot
- New Remedial Action Schemes (RAS) in Contingency Analysis, for flexible and dynamic analysis of post-fault actions
- New Frequency Response Analysis of dynamic models
- New Plant and Grid Performance Monitor to support real-time data streaming for RMS simulations, based on IEEE C37.118
- Simulation snapshot saving for subsequent analysis
- Improved visualisation of the results of Modal Analysis in network diagrams
- Enhanced Cable System Analysis with improved cable layout modelling
- Revision of Equipment Type Library with new versioning concept
- Extension of the Type Library by all supported protection devices
- New and improved models including Multi-Core Cables, Thyristor Controlled Series Capacitor and HVDC Line Commutated Converter, enhancements of PWM converter (MMC with full-bridge technology)
- New Data (Model) Extension concept, opening up new possibilities for customisation with user-defined attributes
- Powerful graphic search option for network elements in diagrams, including geographic search
- Improved plot handling, including new user-friendly plot insert option
- Revised data colouring scheme to provide a better visualisation of parameters with characteristics and distributions
- New PSS/Sincal data import converter
A high-level summary of the new features can be found in the document "What's New in PowerFactory 2018" which is available in our Download Area. Furthermore, you will find a "What´s New Video" presenting a selection of PowerFactory 2018 highlights. Please click here to watch the video. The installation files can be found in the download section for registered users.
Support of previous versions:
DIgSILENT will actively continue supporting the two previous major versions PowerFactory 2017 and 2016.
At the same time, we officially discontinue the preceding version PowerFactory 15.2 and will not provide any further service packs to this former version.