PowerFactory supports all network representations and phase technologies, i.e. any kind of radial or meshed 1-, 2-, 3- and 4-wire (combined) AC and DC network. Building a network is also facilitated through the provision of standard substation models.
- Support of any kind of meshed/radial 1-, 2-, 3- and 4-wire AC and DC networks with combined AC and DC modelling for all available analysis functions
- Single-phase, two-phase, bi-phase and three-phase technology with/without neutral
- Hierarchical data model including sites, substations, bays, primary and secondary equipment
- Detailed primary and secondary substation models (single/double busbars w/o tie breaker, 1-1/2 busbar, bypass busbar), extendable for user-specific busbar configurations including protection schemes
- Switches and substation equipment such as CB, fuse, disconnector, load break switch, grounding switch, NEC/NER, CT, VT, CVT, combined CT/VT, etc.
- Running arrangements and switching rules for substation automation