The Network Reduction Tool enables the analysis of networks where the effect of adjacent networks needs to be considered but are not required to be modelled in detail. Adjacent networks are reduced according to a user-specified boundary, with the tool creating the required equivalent elements for subsequent load flow and short circuit calculations.
- Flexible definition of boundaries with Boundary Definition Tool
- Calculation of (AC or DC) load flow and short-circuit equivalent
- Network Reduction for Dynamic Equivalent, to support balanced RMS simulations1
- Support of load, Ward, extended Ward and REI-DIMO equivalents
- Numerous options for aggregation of non-linear elements
- Capturing of reduction via Variation for convenient toggling between original and equivalent grid
1Requires Stability Analysis Functions (RMS) licence.