DIgSILENT releases PowerFactory 2017 SP3
DIgSILENT has released the new service pack PowerFactory 2017 SP3.
This new service pack comes with a series of fixes and improvements. For details please refer to the corresponding Release Notes.
In the PowerFactory 2017 version, a range of improvements have been made to the handling and data management with a series of additional convenience functions. The new version also comes with a series of enhancements to the network diagrams and graphic representation tools. A special focus in development has been on the various analysis function capabilities of PowerFactory. This includes a number of new power equipment models and extensions to existing ones. Most notably, further modelling flexibility has been provided with the inclusion of user-defined models for load flow and quasi-dynamic simulation.
PowerFactory 2017 product highlights include among others:
- Enhanced Diagram Layout Tool for auto-drawing of feeders and branches, protection device layout, as well as auto-layout of site and substation diagrams
- Output window redesigned to be interactive, with flexible filter functionality
- Add-on Modules: new framework for user-extendable function scope including fully integrated result representation
- New Project Combination and Connection Assistant
- New and enhanced Power Equipment Models: harmonic filters, busbar trunking systems, voltage regulator, 4-w transformer, power freq. control using merit order
- New QDSL modelling language: User-definable load flow and quasi-dynamic simulation models
- IEC60909 Update - 2016 edition
- New Protection Audit validation tool for protection settings and configurations
- Connection Request Assessment: BDEW 2008 and VDE AR-N-4105 guidelines
- New optimisation methods for Tie Open Point and Phase Balance Optimisation: genetic algorithms and simulated annealing
- Extended failure models and power restoration strategies for Reliability Analysis
- New Outage Planning module
- Extension of simulation scan by Fault Ride Through verification
- IEC 61400-27-1 interface for external dynamic models
- CGMES interface: functional extensions and performance improvements
- New FGH/Integral export function
The new version is available to registered users of companies with valid guarantee/maintenance on the DIgSILENT Download Area. More information can be found in the document "What's New in PowerFactory 2017", which is also available for download.