April 06, 2017
DIgSILENT releases PowerFactory 2017 SP2
DIgSILENT has released the new service pack PowerFactory 2017 SP2.
With this service pack, the User Manual has been made available in the languages English, German, and French. Regarding the localization of the user interface, installation options are available for the following languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Chinese, and Turkish.
The service pack comes with a series of fixes and minor enhancements. Please refer to the Release Notes for details. In particular, we want to highlight that, among others, this version includes the IEC 60909 method according to the latest edition release from 2016.
Back to News
In the PowerFactory 2017 version, a range of improvements have been made to the handling
and data management with a series of additional convenience functions. The new
version also comes with a series of enhancements to the network diagrams and
graphic representation tools. A special focus in development has been on the
various analysis function capabilities of PowerFactory. This includes a number
of new power equipment models and extensions to existing ones. Most notably,
further modelling flexibility has been provided with the inclusion of
user-defined models for load flow and quasi-dynamic simulation.
product highlights include among others:
- Enhanced Diagram Layout Tool for auto-drawing of
feeders and branches, protection device layout, as well as auto-layout of
site and substation diagrams
- Output window redesigned to be interactive, with
flexible filter functionality
- Add-on Modules: new framework for user-extendable
function scope including fully integrated result representation
- New Project Combination and Connection Assistant
- New and enhanced Power Equipment Models: harmonic
filters, busbar trunking systems, voltage regulator, 4-w transformer,
power freq. control using merit order
- New QDSL modelling language: User-definable load flow
and quasi-dynamic simulation models
- IEC60909 Update - 2016 edition
- New Protection Audit validation tool for protection
settings and configurations
- Connection Request Assessment: BDEW 2008 and VDE
- New optimisation methods for Tie Open Point and Phase
Balance Optimisation: genetic algorithms and simulated annealing
- Extended failure models and power restoration
strategies for Reliability Analysis
- New Outage Planning module
- Extension of simulation scan by Fault Ride Through
- IEC 61400-27-1 interface for external dynamic models
- CGMES interface: functional extensions and performance
- New FGH/Integral export function
The new version is available to registered users of companies with valid
guarantee/maintenance on the DIgSILENT Download Area.
More information can be found in the document "What's New in PowerFactory 2017",
which is also available for download.